I did the D3.js part - the main graph and timeline. Force layout link strength was based on Pointwise Mutual Information, vide https://github.com/stared/tagoverflow.
I was given the data. There is an accompanying write-up:
Official project info:
"Map of Polish Composers is the most comprehensive resource ever dedicated to Polish music giving users instant access to biographies, extracts from recordings and a carefully charted map providing a rich global cultural context for every artist highlighting their influences and inspirations.
Map of Polish Composers is powered by Adam Mickiewicz Institute.
The project is created by the Adam Mickiewicz Institute as part of the Polska Music and POLSKA 100, the international cultural programme celebrating the centenary of Poland regaining independence.
Financed by the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage of the Republic of Poland as part of the multi-annual programme NIEPODLEGŁA 2017–2022."
- I clicked Karol Szymanowski and I didn't notice I can scroll to see the content - only after reading HN comment I figured out I missed something. There needs to be an arrow or text needs to be formatted differently.
- Breadcrumbs keeps appending even though I go back
- Players show you can skip part of the sample, but you can't
- Blocked right click :(
The UI still needs work (especially for mobile) and there's a lot of missing data, but the platform itself is up and running.
It's essentially IMDB for everything. You can list people's work and see all the relationships i.e. is that part of other stuff? who used something as a tool? who else worked on it?
If there's something I can change or add - let me know
- if I'll search for "Zagajewski", then search for "Fryderyk", I still get "Zagajewski Artur" in results; what should happen is it should clear results on blur
- if I click Timeline, then Centers, then Timeline again all it does it makes the dots juggle; what should happen is there should be a loading bar indicating loading of resources and rendering
- there are requests to http://mapofcomposers.pl/wp-json/wp/v2/kompozytorzy?per_page... for no reason at all
- please clear the breadcrumbs at some point
They created music for many video games, including the Witcher series. Even got some awards for it in game media (https://www.ign.com/wikis/best-of-2015/Best_Original_Music for example).
I find it funny that film music is considered art by some cultural institutions , but video game music isn't.
"We are in the process of updating our website. Please feel free to feedback on your browsing experience using the above email address. Thank you! PSTYCZYNSKA@IAM.PL"