|I've been working as a dev at a hedge fund for less than a year and I just can't believe how awful it is:|
- all I do is operate and maintain hacky old ETL jobs
- I spend hours and sometimes days editing databases and config files
- there are no best practices
- issues are swept under the rug or just passed around the team until people forget about them
- my manager is a manger because he's the only person that hasn't left the team over the years
- everybody has an opinion on everything even though they have zero proven experience on the subject
- people are not focused at all
- people don't grow, they just get comfortable and complacent
- it's like a 9 to 5 except that you're supposed to work for 10 hours a day
and the list goes on..
This is my first full time job so I'm super confused. Is this how all tech jobs in finance are? Why? What's your experience as a dev in finance?