"Software Configuration Management" (SCM)
- Soft Skills 101, 201
- Labs Exercises
- Free. Contribute
awesome-sysadmin > configuration-management
- This could list reusable module collections such as Puppet Forge and Ansible Galaxy;
- And module testing tools like Puppet Beaker and Ansible Molecule (that can use Vagrant or Docker to test a [set of] machines)
- I'd add "Time Management for System Administrators" (2005)
- There's now a "Site Reliability Workbook" to go along with the Google SRE book. Both are free online.
- The PagerDuty Incident Response Documentation is also free online.
- OpsGenie has a free plan also with incident response alerting and on-call management.
There are a number of awesome-devops lists.
Minikube and microk8s package Kubernetes into a nice bundle of distributed systems components that'll run on Lin, Mac, Win. You can convert docker-compose.yml configs to Kubernetes pods when you decide that it should've been HA with a load balancer SPOF and x.509 certs and a DRP (Disaster Recovery Plan) from the start!
Handbook > Engineering > Infrastructure
Handbook > Engineering > Ops
(Sysadmins are part of teams that solve business and scientific experiment problems for people that are part of organizations' teams)