Hacker News new | past | comments | ask | show | jobs | submit login

The parent post was talking about the UK. CGT requires a tax filling (if you have CGT in excess of the tax free allowance).

Not sure what your point is; this is a thread about tax filing in the US, and the parent was comparing it to the UK. You, referencing capital gains tax, were (I assume) referring to the US? So was I.

Guidelines | FAQ | Support | API | Security | Lists | Bookmarklet | Legal | Apply to YC | Contact