HN is great community but there are some stereotypes that need to be chalenged on personal level:
1. The "SWEAT CAPITAL" is better than Venture Capital, and you have access to it already.
2. If you want to make money, do not think in the box. Here people tend to analyze what already been done. This is not a way - you need to innovate.
3. People will laugh with your ideas and failures. You need to be firm believer in what you do. Respect is gained and not granted.
4. Start doing something "stupid", without prospects of economical gain. you will see that you will end up with something completely different than when you started thinking about it.
5. Stop dreaming -- Start Doing. It is much more rewarding and interesting.
Let It Be.