How to Be a Manly Man:
1. 100 pushups. In a row. While chugging beer.
2. Laugh at other 'men' who enjoy romantic comedies.
3. You must have enough chest hair to stuff pillows.
4. Write a web application in machine language.
5. Put your children first. Until they get in the way of your principles. Then put the little buggers up for adoption.
6. Be confident. It worked for the president when he invaded Iraq.
7. Make real decisions decisively. It worked for the president when he invaded Iraq.
8. Die well. Don't make huge gasping sounds when you go, that'll just make you look wimpy. Instead, why not place a broadsword across your chest?
9. Write essays with empty platitudes about how to be a manly man.
I stopped at 9 instead of 10, because I firmly believe that real men believe in quality over quantity. Oh, in case you're interested, I'm available for personal development consulting...
But one of my principles is loyalty to people I love!
Man? Not man? Man?
Oh, man! My head asplode.
sorry the internet is serious business.
That's a good rule to live by. Not so sure about the rest of the article..
(Fixed that for you.)
The piece is an easy target for ridicule and jokes, but read something like "The Fountainhead" or at least watch the fairly faithful movie. You might soften your opinion a bit.