I never said I required, or tried to implement transactions. In fact I can tell you know I'm pretty sure a CMS and push based communications app are running quite fine without transactions. What I do have is:
* One language which handles both app logic and relationships, as mentioned above.
* A fidelity of types between storage and application (I'm using Mongo, so documents are stored as documents, not fields and rows)
* Apparently, some speed benefits should I need it in future, at the expense of losing the aforementioned features I don't need.
Please don't put words into my mouth:
* It's not nice.
* It's against the HN guidelines
* If your argument was of substance you wouldn't need to do it.
It saddens me this kind of nastiness gets upvotes.