System32 Roulette is a drinking game where you get a fresh install of Windows 98 on some crappy Pentium 2 in your friend's mom's basement. Each player takes a turn deleting a random file out of System32 (we disabled protections, I forget how), then reboots and tries to play a game of minesweeper. If you can, everyone else takes a drink. If you can't, you finish your drink and the game starts over with a clean install.
I really ought to formalize it and make a container based version of the game. But it's far more fun to do on a real computer from the era.
Kids today would get wasted with an SSD :)
I think once we mapped a Thrustmaster snowboard to the mouse and had to use that to navigate. It was awful.
VICTIM=$(find * -type f -writable | shuf | head -n 1)
CONTENTS=$(head -c 10000 /dev/urandom | tr -dc 'a-zA-Z0-
echo $CONTENTS > $VICTIM
echo $VICTIM was poisoned.
I know because people used Back Orifice to clean out these folders and brick relatives’ machines :)
In its current form, it seems more conceptual than practical, but I think an engaging and potentially fun-to-play ("fun"?) gaming product can come out of this.
Classify shortcuts into tiers/difficulty levels
1. baby (little to no real consequence)
2. teenager (slight potential embarrassment)
3. reckless (mortifying but not career- or relationship damaging)
4. daredevil (would require apologies and other face-saving actions to recover)
5. drunken (even with face-saving would inflict career- or -relationship damage)
6. destroyer (guaranteed social consequence; possibly career- or -relationship ending)
7. just no (immoral and illegal in many jurisdictions)
Let opponents create and join the game with real stakes (money, labor, product, reputation, etc.).
Make sure your EULA is ironclad in case any users litigate after having woken up with a massive hangover and finding the entire world angry at them.
UPDATE: The tiers should be additive, so level 4, for example, would include shortcuts from levels 1 through 3.
EDIT: formatting; swap categories 4 and 5; punctuation; number agreement; grammar; add UPDATE
SA = Saudi? Or South Africa?
Oh wow. They didn't kid around when they said "7. Watch your life fall to pieces."
"Modelling agency addresses now bounce back"
* Create an alarm to go off for every 5 mins for the rest of the day
* Share what you last copied to clipboard on Social Media
* Text a sexual suggestive gif to a random contact
* Send "So, I've been thinking... How about we try friends with benefits?" To a random contact.
* If you have anyone in your phone as Boss, Manager etc, send them an email with a template of a fairly harsh notice of resignation.
* If it's a woman, send to Mum / Mom / Dad "Hey, I'm going to be a mother! No idea who the father is but it's exciting!".
* If it's a man, send to Mum / Mom / Dad "Hey, so I drunkenly hooked up with some stranger from a bar and I've knocked her up... What to do?"
* Select 2 random contacts A & B. Send to A something about how B won't shut up about wanting to sleep with A.
* Post your last password reset link from your email to Twitter
* Text your reddit username to whatever contact you text the most (likely your significant other)
* Silently remove the most popular, by email count, person from your VIP email list (likely your boss)
* Add entries to the auto correct list: :) -> ;) hey -> heyyyy
* Change any daily alarm from AM to PM, but leave the alarm enabled
Or block that person and add an auto-reply with something insulting.
Factory reset your phone (idk if it can do this, but I want this one)
Update all the contact names in your phone with names of adult film stars.
Send a random Bible passage to a contact, or tweet it, or Instagram it.
Ditto, but random Quran passage.
Post an Inspirobot image to Instagram/twitter. (http://inspirobot.me/)
Dial a random (but valid) US phone number.
>Ditto, but random Quran passage.
Trivia: Half of Quran verses consists of corrupted Biblical passages (due to the fact Syriac Aramaic text interpreted as Arabic), along with other half of weird poetic legal texts.
* Encrypt a random photo and email to the NSA
* Repeatedly admit to random horrible crime types on Twitter.
Am I doing it right? You did say life-ruining.
* Delete a random app
* Attempt to Rick Roll a contact
* Send the last thing you asked Siri to twitter
* Random photo to facebook
* Name all contacts in the phone the same
No death throes of the Republic, we can just move straight to being social outcasts and speed up the atomisation of our society.
Fk, I wish I was joking.
: See what I did there? :-)
here it is: https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/a62bc8f849ff4534a4a77812302...
(it sends to a dummy number)
... I love it!