|Do you have questions about machine learning, natural language processing, or data monetization in general?|
In particular, I'll field questions on:
* recommender systems
* profit optimization in ecommerce sites
* creative ways that NLP + ML can add value to your product and give you a competitive advantage
* whatever else you like.
If you have a specific technical question about ML or NLP, please post it on the MetaOptimize Q+A site (http://metaoptimize.com/qa/) and post a link here as a comment. I'll give you the detailed answer over there, since the Q+A there is designed to be archival and is more searchable. Other sorts of questions (like "How do I turn this data into money?") can go in this thread directly. If it seems like a longer discussion, email me at joseph at metaoptimize dot com and we can talk about setting up a Skype chat.
p.s. I'm also hiring people for remote project work, if you are kick-ass at ML or NLP, or you simply can ship correct code really fast. Email me at joseph at metaoptimize dot com.
Who am I?
My name is Joseph Turian, and I head MetaOptimize LLC. I consult on NLP, ML, and data monetization. I also run the MetaOptimize Q&A site (http://metaoptimize.com/qa/), where ML and NLP experts share their knowledge. I recently demo'ed autotagging of hacker news to make it automagically browsable (http://metaoptimize.com/projects/autotag/hackernews/).
* I am a data expert, holding a Ph.D. in natural language processing and machine learning. I have a decade of experience in these topics. I specialize in large data sets.
* I’m business-minded, so I focus on business goals and the most direct path of execution to achieve these goals.
* I am also a technology generalist who has been hacking since age 10 and has programmed competitively at a world-class level.