I'm building out a new kind of social network at LIT Ave. - a network that focuses heavily on being "social" and providing that connectedness of friends and family, which some other networks seem to be losing.
In short, LIT Ave. is a location based messaging app for friends and people nearby.
But, there are also some really important key values I wanted to bake into my product:
1. Network has to be appreciative of others - even if you don't know them!
- This has always been huge for me - if I'm able to appreciate someone, it's a big win, because it makes everyone involved feel great, which leads to creating value and positive environment!
If I'm at a sandwich place, and even if I don't know who they are, but if they make a great sandwich, I should be able to appreciate them! A simple thumbs-up text-post at this location could help them when people nearby see that post.
2. Bite-sized conversations with friends, family, your neighbors and people nearby.
- Comments are a great way to communicate, "Loving" the posts is great a way to show emotion, but what brings people closer?
After feedback from early adopters and much thinking and experimenting, I decided to build something called video-responses - these are 10s video-clips you create on the posts to carry out small conversations.
3. Be able to answer questions like where am I hanging out, what's new with me, and what am I up to?
- Going back to the sandwich place example, if I post something at that location, I want my friends to know it's a good place to check it out in case they're also in mood for a sandwich. :)
Being able to share what I'm up to and what's new with me through not only photo and video, but also text (anonymous or non-anonymous) creates value - with LIT Ave., I wanted to build out a comprehensive app that focused on these key values!
Today, after a few months of work, LIT Ave. is available for download.
It's a very new product, and much work still lies ahead as I continue to experiment and make the product better. LIT Ave. will continue to evolve - into something that will have even more value offered, not only by connectedness, but also at locations you create new posts.
I'd love for you to give it a try - I'd love to hear your feedback, ideas, and suggestions.
You can download iOS app at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lit-ave/id1414091249?ls=1&mt...
and Android app at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.litave.lit...