To address a few points I've seen on here:
We do more than just beatmatching. That said, most of our recent technical advancements are done on our mix AI, as it's been our recent push.
Give mixes a try (which work better the more songs you give them)!
We'll be pivoting back to mashups soon as well to continue improvements on that AI, particularly rolling in some of the improvements we developed through the mix AI.
Our goals have really been to bring mashups and mixes to those who don't have the technical ability first and foremost, and focus on making it as accessible as possible. We want to make sure our baseline is solid before targeting customizations. I feel paraschopra's post really captured what we wanted to achieve.
Ultimately, we're still at the beginning of what we want to do, and have plenty of improvements on the way.
* Awesome job, here are some feature suggestions:
* The ability to rate the mix/mashup as the author
* The ability to rate as an audience
* visual of the algo's understanding of the songs sound profile and how its lining them up
* The ability to select the time-range of the song which must be included/excluded from the mix
* ability to ask it to weight a repeating frequency of a song
* name of the artist/track/video playing displayed
Where are you guys located?
RE: "ability to ask it to weight a repeating frequency of a song" - you'd want songs to appear in your mix more than once?