Thorn is searching for a software engineer to join its engineering team as a full-time (40 hrs/week) contractor. This is a 6 month contract, with the possibility of extension, or full-time consideration.
Thorn builds technology to defend children from sexual abuse. The team’s current areas of focus include human trafficking, dark web child abuse/exploitation content, and social media platform safety. In this role you will work on our Industry Toolkit, which will be used to clean online communities of child abuse. The work spans large scale hash matching, building RESTful APIs, generating XML reports, and building systems for cloud and on-premise deployment.
- Professional software development experience.
- Adept at quickly learning new technologies.
- Experience implementing, testing, and deploying code to production.
- Skilled at rapidly prototyping applications.
- Ability to collaboratively solve problems with internal and external stakeholders.
- Clear, efficient, and eloquent communicator — we are a distributed team, so written communication is crucial, from Slack to pull requests.
Technologies we use: Node / React / TypeScript / Docker / Kubernetes / AWS / Terraform / Packer /Python / PostgreSQL
If you don’t have experience with some of these, fear not. We still want to work with you as long as you have the desire and ability to learn.
Apply today! https://grnh.se/f06365fb2
Disclaimer: Not affiliated with Thron, just a fan after having worked with them at AWS re:Invent Nonprofit Hackathon.
I'm interested to see if they're ever looking for offensive security people.