| ||Ask HN: How does a great resume look like? What are the best tools to make one?|
161 points by rayalez on Mar 23, 2018 | hide | past | web | favorite | 96 comments |
|Hey everyone! I'm a self-taught full-stack web developer. I've spent the past few years learning webdev, working on personal projects, and building a portfolio (https://startuplab.io/portfolio).|
Now I want to find good clients, or work remotely for a startup, and to do that I need to make a resume(or CV?).
So I wanted to ask a few questions:
- What should I put on my resume?
- Can you share some examples of how a great resume should look like?
- What are some of the best tools for making one?
- What do you look for when deciding to hire a developer?
- Can you share some advice that would help me increase my chances of finding a good job?
| Apply to YC