1. I barely add stuff on it
2. 99% of my news feed is irrelevant and I really don't care (there maybe 1 post/day from a friend that is interesting to me)
3. Starting to be more and more concerned about all this data
But I'm scared for multiple reasons:
1. connections needed from a lot of friends, family etc. that I would not keep contact with otherwise
2. It does a great job at keeping my contact list updated (no later than yesterday I searched for friends/coworker to make sure I don't forget anyone on my farewell email)
3. Messenger. I use it a lot (almost as much as iMessage) and again, a lot of people I talk to on facebook I don't have their info for telegram/whatsapp/etc.
> But I'm scared for multiple reasons:
I went through that a similar thought process. I decided to keep my profile active, but unlike everything and delete all my posts. I also changed my profile pic to make it clear I wouldn't be using Facebook anymore. That way I can still get event invites, etc. but not be too burdened by the whole thing.
Eventually I'll delete my profile, but not until Facebook becomes far less ubiquitous (and I do what small things I can to hasten its decline).