Hacker News new | past | comments | ask | show | jobs | submit login

If you're in the US, file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. They will at least try to get a point of contact for the business to respond to the complaint. In general, there are a number of good answers to questions and strategies here when responding to collectors: https://www.consumerfinance.gov/ask-cfpb/category-debt-colle...

The CFPB is being intentionally attacked by the Republican Party. I suspect we'll see it completely destroyed in the near future. It helped the common person too much against banks and false debt. As long as that party maintains any power, do not expect much anymore out of the government protecting you or your fellow citizens against abuse from false collectors.

* http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/28/news/economy/cfpb-trump-mulv...

Applications are open for YC Winter 2020

Guidelines | FAQ | Support | API | Security | Lists | Bookmarklet | Legal | Apply to YC | Contact