1. How does BlazingDB compare to MapD ?
2. How do you skip ingest - are you using Apache Arrow like Dremio as an efficient data representation format?
3. Do you have any benchmarks, or maybe where would you see BlazingDB on this list? http://tech.marksblogg.com/benchmarks.html
using same hardware as MapD ?
4. Can you run your solution in a cluster? :)
2) We read parquet files into our own caching system. We often use arrow apis though do not rely on arrow for our data representation.
3) We have made client side benchmarks but have not performed a standardized replicable benchmark for people to validate yet. We have been a VERY small team to date and are going to make that available as soon as we can. You CAN launch AWS marketplace blazing instances to see how it performs.
4) You sure can. A large part of BlazingDb's focus is on distribution. You can add nodes during runtime.