- skim blog, yeah, looks good, heard of this before, hope they're successful, <insert privacy concerns here>, whatever
- click logo to try and get to main site
- sent to blog.flattr.net instead
- go to address bar, remove "blog."
- ugh, maybe they're one of those that only left "www." to go their root page
- add "www."
- Google "flattr"
- it's "flattr.com"
This is everywhere. FAQ pages, wiki pages, blogs etc. I hate this trend.
EDIT: Apparently they've made it an extension that tracks your browsing history. That's just ridiculous. It's also a shame -- Peter Sunde used to be quite pro-privacy. But they _did_ say they wanted to liberate the extension.
That said, a FW from .net to .com seems logical, and a link to the site too, hehe.