I'm the cofounder of Figma (https://www.figma.com), a startup in San Francisco building a browser-based collaborative design tool to improve the way designers and developers work together. We're a small team (~30) and we're looking for talented engineers (https://www.figma.com/careers) who are interested in tackling hard technical problems with smart people and building a product that startups will rely on.
If you want to see what we value, you might find these interesting:
- First principles thinking: https://medium.com/figma-design/introducing-vector-networks-...
- Pushing the web to the limit: https://medium.com/figma-design/building-a-professional-desi...
- Develop a plugin ecosystem from the ground up
- Build a community of design content and tools from scratch
- Cross-document shared symbols
- Multiplayer editing infrastructure (realtime simultaneous editing)
Our tech stack: C++, Emscripten, WebAssembly, Node, TypeScript, React, WebGL, Ruby, Sinatra
If you're interested in learning more about what we're working on or want to meet up to talk about any of my other projects (http://madebyevan.com/), you can email me at email@example.com.