|There's been a lot of of great threads on salary/compensation, but there's very little info on startups that got acquired/acquihired, especially CEOs, CTOs, and other key individuals.|
A friend of a friend apparently got acquihired by Google and was getting $500k/yr in stock on top of base, which must have been at least $200k if not $300k.
I'm sure the following info will be very helpful for many of us in the same position:
- Acquisition size ($)
- Equity % + payout
- State of startup (fundraising, failing or not, # of years, team size, etc.)
- Role in startup
- New role in acquiring company
- Did the acquiring company keep your product?
- Acquiring company (if you can say)
- Compensation package (base, signing bonus, annual bonus, stock, other special benefits, etc.)
- Handcuffs (vesting, clawback, performance-based earn out, etc.)
- Did you negotiate your golden handcuffs? If so, please explain.