It seems the key strategies can be listed as follows:
1. Great video which demonstrates a good knowledge of the community (Dropbox)
2. Viral (aka sharing) features built in (Instagram)
3. Leveraging existing userbase (Instagram, Product Hunt)
4. Exclusivity (aka invite only) (Spotify, Facebook, Quora)
5. Reaching out to competitor's users and doing a better job than the competitor (AirBNB)
6. Getting the tougher side of the marketplace on board first (Tinder)
7. Offering rewards for signing up etc. (Paypal, Yelp)
8. Starting with a premium service first to deliver best user experience, leading to word of mouth (Uber)
9. Contests (Youtube)
10. Influencer outreach (Etsy)
11. Seeding site with good content (Quora)
Do continue with this site. I find it to be a very valuable resource.
Anyway, great idea for a site - maybe you could add a post to Twitter or Facebook button to help spread it around.