Hacker News new | past | comments | ask | show | jobs | submit login

Thanks, what Visa Type should i look into most likely when the time comes?

I was in the same boat as you (no education, prior experience) and got an H1B.

Probably the O-1 or E-2.

Or L-1.

Wouldn't this entail that the parent company have a branch in the U.S. also wouldn't he be limited to working at the company (for a maximum of 5+2 years)?

Yes, the foreign company would need to have operations in the US to qualify for an L-1 and you would be allowed to work in the US in L-1 status for 5 or 7 years depending on your level within the organization.

Here can apply for a green card while on the L-1 to stay longer, right?


Guidelines | FAQ | Support | API | Security | Lists | Bookmarklet | Legal | Apply to YC | Contact