I'm the cofounder of Figma (https://www.figma.com), a startup in San Francisco building a browser-based collaborative design tool to improve the way designers and developers work together. We're a small team (~30) and we're looking for talented engineers (https://www.figma.com/careers) who are interested in tackling hard technical problems with smart people and building a product that startups will rely on.
If you want to see what we value, you might find these interesting:
- First principles thinking: https://medium.com/figma-design/introducing-vector-networks-...
- Pushing the web to the limit: https://medium.com/figma-design/building-a-professional-desi...
- Develop a plugin ecosystem from the ground up
- Build a community of design content and tools from scratch
- Cross-document shared symbols
- Multiplayer editing infrastructure (realtime simultaneous editing)
Our tech stack: C++, Emscripten, WebAssembly, Node, TypeScript, React, WebGL, Ruby, Sinatra
If you're interested in learning more about what we're working on or want to meet up to talk about any of my other projects (http://madebyevan.com/), you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some feedback: I understand it's a web app, but the download/native versions can be really confusing. Like I can't click on a .sketch file to open/import it to Figma, and I have to remember to 'import' files rather than 'open' them (maybe 'open and import' to communicate you're uploading them?).
PS. I'd love it if you collaborated with the Invision people too.
You're doing it this way so you don't have to redevelop parts of the app for each platform ? But then you have to worry about cross browser compatibility.
Anyway what you're doing is very interesting and I wish you good luck !