We’re building small, low-cost telecommunications satellites. Our mission is to help bring the 4 billion people online who are without internet. And to pull it off we have to reinvent 30 GHz radios in space using SDRs.
Work with veteran engineers from SpaceX, Google, Qualcomm, and Planet Labs who have flown things in space before. Well-funded, but still a small team that moves fast. No prior space experience needed, you just need to enjoy getting your hands dirty with real hardware and be ok with struggling to do things that seem impossibly hard.
Roles we’re hiring for include:
* Embedded software -- write mission critical software that runs the spacecraft. Should have experience with microcontroller driver-level code and basic PCB design.
* Electrical -- PCB design, layout, bringup, test. Bonus: experience with fault-tolerant electronics, power systems, or high speed digital design
* Power electronics -- Design ~2 kW satellite power systems, including solar arrays and electronics for power regulation and distribution
* Fault tolerant systems -- Design fault tolerant electronics for operating in a radiation environment
* Aerospace/controls -- implement solutions to 6 DOF, non-linear control problems. Experience with spacecraft controls is a plus but not required.
* RF/Microwave -- work across a broad range designing and implementing RF systems at microwave frequencies, including LNAs and power amplifiers
* DSP/FPGA -- program FPGA hardware, develop custom DSP IP cores and integrate off-the-shelf IP cores
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in learning more.