| ||Ask HN: What video game elements do you wish you could use to motivate you IRL?|
7 points by jaredcollett 161 days ago | hide | past | web | favorite | 14 comments |
|For example :|
- earning rewards for doing actions
- earning bonus rewards for teaming up with others in groups or guilds
- getting 'gratz' from your friends when you reach a new level
- climbing a leaderboard
- customizing your character with look, outfit and gear
- bravely going into new territory with the risk of dying and losing time, gear and progress
- grouping up w/ other players to defeat a dungeon
- grouping up w/ your guild to defeat a raid
- dueling other players or groups for bit loot and glory
Any ideas on how you would like to see things like this brought to real life?
Say 'earning a reward for doing an action' could be using an app to record that action and the app rewarding you with a small amount of in-app currency that you can use for other things?
| Apply to YC