The Computer Science Department is seeking a Cloud Education Research Programmer to work on an exciting new opportunity. You will be working with Prof. Majd Sakr, who with his team developed a project-based online Cloud Computing course. You are responsible for developing new projects using the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and will be responsible for maintaining, enhancing, testing, and debugging the web-based applications that are used to administer projects of the online Cloud Computing course and other CMU CS courses.
* Design and implement educational projects to run on cloud infrastructure. Migrate existing projects from Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure to the Google Cloud Platform.
* Developing the front-end application through which projects are developed and students complete projects.
* Design experiments to evaluate the effectiveness of new educational methods and interventions to improve student learning at large-scale.
* Collect and analyze data from these experiments and participate in submitting publications describing the methods, experiments and results.
* Maintaining the software systems used to manage student status, achievements and learning progress.
* BS in Computer Science or other relevant field required; MS preferred.
* 1-3 years of experience designing and supporting production front-end applications.
* 1-3 years of experience developing applications.
* Experience with Cloud platforms preferable – GCP, Azure, or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
* Understanding of user / system management for mid-scaled organization. Experience supporting authentication and authorization using Active Directory, LDAP, OAuth, and Shibboleth is preferred.
Learn more and apply at https://cmu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=2005...