2. Exercise and eat right.
3. Set goals. People with goals vastly outperform those without.
4. Track your progress. This will involve determining the right metrics. "What gets measured gets done."
5. Look for more efficient ways to do things.
6. Read the book "The 7 habits of highly effective people."
7. Learn some time management techniques.
8. Read up on how to plan things backwards: Start with where you want to be and figure out the step before that and the step before that, etc. Otherwise, you may be "climbing a ladder leaned against the wrong wall."