I worked at the Infomart throughout highschool for a small ISP (Psybernet? I think?) and it was a great experience.
Dallas needs more startups.
I live in NYC so I'm lucky to have all of the Startup/Tech groups up here, would be great if there was something like that in Dallas!
Going to do my best to help that.
- low cost of living
- low taxes (both business and personal)
- access to tons of large corporations as potential customers (lots of corporate HQs in town)
- a new incubator, Tech Wildcatters, that is hungry for great startups
- great BBQ, beers
- if you're into sports we have all the pro teams
- Two great cities to choose from. Dallas if you want the faster pace, more hipster crowd... Fort Worth if you want something a bit cleaner and laid back.
The list could go on... I'll give you naysayers the fact that the climate here is not as favorable as many other places in the country.
It's not ... the worst city to live in...