RDS is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team working on AWS scale big-data analytics problems. RDS Performance Insights team is working on a new and as yet unreleased service which will reshape the way that customers use databases and redefine industry expectations of what a modern, enterprise grade cloud-native database provides. Leveraging a number of AWS services including Kinesis and EMR/Spark, our mandate is to provide actionable insights into underlying database performance and push the boundaries of product and technology innovation in this area. As the only big-data, analytics and ML focused team in RDS, our greenfield project is worked on by a tight knit devops team, owned, and operated entirely from the new Amazon office here in Vancouver, Canada. If you’re a snowbird in the winter, love long summers and beaches, and want to work on a very engaging, highly impactful product with extremely high customer demand, endless learning and collaboration in a world-class group then get in touch!
- Lead the design, build and operations of our application stacks
- Ability to influence adoption of capabilities built by the team to AWS teams outside of RDS
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development and operational efficiencies
– Have a scope of influence in development practices, methods and approaches across the team and RDS organization
- Comp Sci, Engineering, Stats/Mathematics BA/MA/PhD
- 8-10+ years professional experience in software development
- Experienced technical leader, excellent communication skills. Recruitment, coaching and mentoring of other engineers.
- Ability to independently define and execute against a technical vision and roadmap
– Strong will to adhere to best practices in OO development and a need to leave well–structured code in your tracks
For more information and to apply:
Please feel free to directly contact me (I'm an engineer on the team) [MyHNUsername][AT]amazon.com, or my manager pimmel[AT]amazon.com for any questions that you might have.