Scandit is a rapidly growing enterprise mobile technology startup with offices in Zurich, San Francisco and Boston. We are looking for a machine learning expert for our Zurich team to help us revolutionize the traditional barcode scanner and text recognition market with our innovative mobile solutions for smartphones, tablets, and wearable devices.
You will be part of a small team of developers and play a crucial role in refining our products and researching and implementing new data capture solutions.
- Build systems to train models for challenging visual text and object recognition problems
- Implement model evaluation algorithms for mobile devices that run in real time
- Extract new insights from our analytics data to improve SDK performance
- Improve our existing barcode scanning algorithms using your expertise
- Build automated QA systems to guarantee robustness, speed and consistency
- Be a company-wide thought leader on machine learning and AI
Desired skills and experience
- MSc or PhD degree in computer science or a related field with a strong focus on machine learning (ML)
- 3+ years of experience in the field of ML, including deep learning (academia or industry)
- General computer vision or computer graphics experience is a plus
- Solid knowledge of data structures, object-oriented programming and software engineering principles
- Ability to write high-performance code in C++ and quickly prototype ideas in Python (or a similar language)
- Low-level knowledge of the ARM architecture and experience in mobile GP-GPU programming is a plus
- You have a work permit for Switzerland or a EU passport.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org