Two months ago I started my journey to learn to code and build my first app. The result is When To Surf, it tells you the best time to surf wherever you are. There’s been other surf apps like Magic Seaweed, but they’re not usable for beginners and require a manual to use. My app is very simple and easy.
I’m interesting in your feedback.
I don't surf, but it presents the information nicely :)
Here are a few tips:
1. Consider putting the 'details' on the results page (instead of giving them their own page). There is definitely enough space, and it might help your users understand how you made your recommendation.
2. When sites ask for location permissions on the first page load, a lot of users automatically click 'Deny'. One way you might fix this is to wait for the user to come to you, by using a link under the search bar, like this:
I want to surf in | San Francisco |
Use my current location
4. Consider hiding the subscription box until after your user has successfully gotten a recommendation.
Thank you for the useful detailed feedback.
1. I tried it before and I users feedback was: I do not understand when actually the best time to surf. Probably my UI was bad.
2. Is "Use my current location" should be a button after click it should open pop-up and ask for a permission to use location?
4. You mean after the search or after getting first success load home page with current location?
Haha well whatever works I guess!
Either one. It just doesn't make sense to show it if your app didn't find anything
(Sorry for the late reply!)
Personal attacks are a bannable offense on HN. To do it in response to someone's Show HN is particularly low.
Since your account doesn't seem to have a pattern of commenting like this, we won't ban you, but if you do it again, we will. It's never ok to treat another user this way.