Our group within Teradata Labs (Teradata Center for Hadoop) is an active contributor to the SQL on Hadoop open source project PrestoDB. We're looking for senior software engineers to join us in bringing PrestoDB to the enterprise!
- Presto is written entirely in Java 8
- Admin and infra support tools are written in Python
- Git for source control
- We are big believers in continuous integration so we run builds and tests continuously on Travis CI and Jenkins
- We use Ansible, Docker and Vagrant for automated installation and environment provisioning
As a Senior Engineer you’ll be responsible for the following:
- Building new functionality into Presto to increase enterprise adoption. “Thinking at Scale” and being a performance conscious engineer
- Applying strong familiarity with algorithms and complexity analysis, database systems, and distributed systems concepts
- Writing unit, integration, and system tests that run in our continuous integration environment
- Collaborating with teams members to solve engineering problems
The Teradata Center for Hadoop was established through the acquisition of a startup (Hadapt) and so the culture and feel of our office is still very much that of a startup.
E-mail me directly if you're interested :) presto -DOT- hackers -AT- gmail -DOT- com