|(Please note: I'm not asking about a piece of software under the same name.)|
Recently I almost got lured by a company named Crossover , but a quick google search for - pardon me - "crossover scam" returned a number of threads, e.g. . Anyway, I clicked the `apply' button and I was redirected to their website with the same job description... and half the salary.
What makes me even more suspicious:
- lots of companies are listed under their TX address. Some of them have or had similar modes of operation . Some of them are claimed to be their clients (e.g. `DevFactory' IIRC).
- People on Stackoverflow are discussing this very same question .
- They answer the following question in their own FAQ: "Are you one of those Nigerian scams?" (sic) 
- Offered job titles seem overly inflated. Are there that many Software Architect vacancies?
- Whenever somebody brings up this topic some other noname kicks in with their love story.
- I never heard of a piece of work done by them nor about a client of theirs.
If the company is NOT legitimate then where is the trap? If it is - then why worry about "Nigerian scam"?