DigitalOcean is hiring a Python and tech writing expert.
The Editor's job is to select, review, and publish submissions from external authors in the DigitalOcean Community (https://www.digitalocean.com/community).
* Evaluating proposed tutorial topics for interest to the open-source community, value in teaching readers how to code at different levels of technical difficulty, and practical utility
* Delivering editorial notes to help authors improve the technical details and quality of writing in each tutorial
* Publishing tutorials about real world projects in Python and, eventually, additional development languages
* Assisting other teams with editorial and non-editorial tasks, like blog posts and case studies
Our ideal candidate has:
* Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
* Comfort with maintaining author relationships
* 2+ years of development experience in Python
* Some Linux experience (should be able to deploy projects and navigate the command line)
* Formal or informal experience with teaching or mentoring developers
* Experience or interest in instructional writing
Please apply at https://www.digitalocean.com/company/careers/#technical-edit...