This is a very unique position in that we are not a "tech startup" but rather provide services to technology investors and IT groups within large organizations seeking to transform their businesses with technology. I'm looking for someone who has a background developing web (or mobile) applications and can leverage that knowledge to provide strategic direction to investors and CxO's.
What we do: We provide M&A transaction services for Private Equity and Venture Capitalists, as well as general technology strategy for businesses of all sizes. This role would be focused on M&A deals mainly for middle market technology companies with revenues between $1M and $400M.
- Understand what agile management looks like
- Understand financials (Capex vs Opex, EBITDA, leverage buyouts, etc)
- May have personally fully developed a solution using web technology or have a varied history of doing so. Hands on .NET, Java and Rails are pluses
- Can understand the difference between the "old guard" tech companies and "unicorns" and decipher the business value between the two for investors
- Understand the role of a strategy/management consultant for M&A professionals
- Are a self starter and self learner (don't need much direction to get stuff done)
- Background at a management consulting company is a plus
- If you've written code and executed an IT due diligence service for an investor before, then you should apply
- Like to travel
Please contact me directly with the Subject line "HN Opportunity" and your resume attached (brief intro why you're a good fit would be good too). If you do not follow these instructions you'll be ignored. My email is mbestvina AT our website linked below.
More about us: http://www.libertyadvisorgroup.com/