At Monzo we aim to build the best current account in the world. We are always keen to hear from capable, creative engineers who want to help us accomplish that goal.
We’re still a relatively small company with only 10 people in the backend engineering team and 50 people in total. This means you will need to wear many hats in the beginning but it also means there are many interesting challenges ahead that you can specialise in if you like. Broadly, the work we’re doing covers these areas:
* Distributed platform: We aim to be the first bank without a single point of failure
* Banking and payments: We write code that moves money
* Product engineering: We help our customers by hiding the boring parts of money management
* Financial crime: We need to stay ahead of criminals trying to steal data and money
* Internal tooling: We automate everything so the rest of the team can work smarter
Our backend architecture is composed of hundreds of distributed Go microservices running in the cloud. They are managed by Kubernetes, store data in Cassandra, do RPC with linkerd/Finagle, and use Kafka for asynchronous queueing.
Lots more detail is on our website : https://boards.greenhouse.io/mondo/jobs/244898
I am in Ireland.
Is there any flexibility on that requirement?