I'm Matt Walters. I've been coding in Node.js since, 2011, when I founded a company that went through TechStars (GoChime was sold to BounceExchange. Yay!). I also run meetup.com/nodejs and empirenode.org. Go #nodejs community!
Some stuff I've built:
- marketing platform for targeted campaigns based on intent expressed on twitter. distributed system including Twitter firehose ingestion, dashboards and analytics, and a micro-payments subsystem to pay individual campaign advertisers.
- a high-tech touchscreen treadmill (100% Node on a real treadmill with a custom Ubuntu box slapped on it, back in 2012. I start talking at 10mins on the vid below link #4)
- a solution to allow private companies to IPO without the help of an investment bank (cool tech! but, in reality the product failed because... CFOs are never fired for choosing Goldman Sachs!)
- a high-frequency capable bond trading exchange (distributed system of 30+ services), built on Node and dropping to C when needed for performance. literally billions of $$$'s traded on it! (the microservices + CQRS + event sourcing architecture are aspects I brought to the company as a consultant, initially tasked with growing the team and building the platform architecture)
- lots of open source libraries that made all of these and other systems work, link #2
My expertise in the last ten years has been mostly in eventually consistent systems. 'Microservices' has popped up as a work to describe what I've been doing since before Node was around. :)
Looking forward to hearing about opportunities to work together!
Hit me up! --> mattwalters5 at gmail
3) https://techcrunch.com/2011/12/20/techstars-seattle-grad-goc... & www.geekwire.com/2016/bounce-exchange-acquires-techstars-seattle-grad-gochime/
4) oldie but goodie from early 2012! I start talking at 10mins http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid156956616900...
5) video for this one coming soon: http://www.slideshare.net/matt4447/zero-to-scaleable-in-ten-...