Hacker News new | comments | show | ask | jobs | submit login

I did that redirect for testing purposes among the SageMathCloud developers; I did not advertise or link to it, and don't know how anybody found out about it [edit: somebody saw a github issue that mentioned the domain name]. The next step, which was being actively worked on the last two days by Tim Clemans, was modifying the site to change the content as you suggest. I'm too used to doing open source development very openly, and definitely this was a mistake in this case.



I think it was perfectly reasonable to grab the domain name as it could have been squatted by anybody else who would have been aware of this name. Just the fact that it resolves is/was problematic.




Guidelines | FAQ | Support | API | Security | Lists | Bookmarklet | DMCA | Apply to YC | Contact

Search: