• Build systems that make the best decision in 50ms, half a million times per second. Across three continents and six datacenters, 24/7.
• Find the signal hidden in tens of TB of data, in one hour, using over a thousand nodes on our Hadoop cluster. And constantly keep getting better at it while measuring the impact on our business.
• Get stuff done. A problem partially solved today is better than a perfect solution next year. Have an idea during the night ? Code it in the morning, push it at noon, test it in the afternoon and deploy it the next morning.
• High stakes, high rewards: 1% increase in performance may yield millions for the company. But if a single bug goes through, the Internet goes down (we’re only half joking).
• Develop open source projects. Because we are working at the forefront of technology, we are dealing with problems that few have faced. We’re big users of open source, and we’d like to give back to the community.
Feel free to drop me a line for a chat =) n.rassam[at]criteo.com