Hacker News new | past | comments | ask | show | jobs | submit login

EB-2 like any other green card entitles you to stay in the USA indefinitely. But if you travel outside the USA for long periods, you may be deemed to have abandoned your intention to reside permanently in the USA and lose your green card: http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/retain-greencard.html

After five years uninterrupted residence in the USA on a green card you can naturalise as a citizen.

Guidelines | FAQ | Support | API | Security | Lists | Bookmarklet | Legal | Apply to YC | Contact