Hacker News new | past | comments | ask | show | jobs | submit login

I am not an immigration lawyer or a tax advisor, that being said, I am familiar with the process. You become permanent resident when the CBP officer stamps the MRIV on arrival. From that point on you have the same tax obligations as any other US person. That being said, you should probably consult an actual US immigration lawyer.


I've dealt with tax issues between GB and US. Long story short - it's hairy...get some professional advice.

Guidelines | FAQ | Support | API | Security | Lists | Bookmarklet | Legal | Apply to YC | Contact