Hacker News new | past | comments | ask | show | jobs | submit login

Looks like you missed the window where Peter was answering questions, and I'm not a lawyer (so please talk to one!), but:

I think you could look into doing an EB1 green-card in the extraordinary ability category - the requirements are similar to the O-1 (just reviewed a bit more thoroughly), and it'd give your wife a work permit if you file the paperwork together. In theory that process can be done in ~3 months (for the EAD card, which would allow her to work) when you file the I-140 with premium processing.

See also https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/permanent-worker...

Agree, if your O-1 evidence is strong, pursuing an EB-1A is the fastest way to get your spouse work-authorized.

Guidelines | FAQ | Support | API | Security | Lists | Bookmarklet | Legal | Apply to YC | Contact