We're building http://mediachain.io, an open, universal media library. Mediachain utilizes a decentralized database and content ID technology to automatically link media to information about it, no matter where it is.
We've recently raised $1.5M in seed funding from USV and a16z and are actively expanding the engineering team! Anyone interested in helping out should reach out.
Join our public slack: http://slack.mediachain.io
Distributed Systems Engineer
You are a software engineer with experience in distributed, peer-to-peer and cryptographic systems.
- Design, implement and analyze components of a distributed metadata storage system
- Review and accept OSS community contributions
- Assist with literature reviews and act as a liaison towards the academic community
- Experience with DHTs and distributed filesystems (AFS, SFS, Tahoe-LAFS, etc)
- Interest in distributed search
- Familiarity with the IPFS stack
- Strong understanding of proof-of-work (blockchain) and other consensus systems
- Relevant academic experience or strong paper reading and implementation skills
- Working knowledge of Scala a plus
- Strong background in cryptography a plus
- Experience with data modeling and data reconciliation also a plus
Location: New York City or Remote
Type: Consultant / Part-Time / Full-Time
Salary: To Be Communicated