Solve really big problems that truly matter with a team that's smart, experienced, and kind.
The Company: We're a small-and-growing (45 members) company using technology to improve access to higher education
The Department: You'll join a 3-member product engineering team within a 10-member engineering department
Technical Details: Ruby on Rails, AWS, Postgres, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Redis, Memcached, and some internal tooling in Go
* Find pragmatic solutions to difficult problems
* Take ownership of entire features and see them through from research to production
* Work well with product management, design, and the rest of the team to accomplish big goals
* Make an entire team better by being an individual contributor, a teacher, and an occasional foil
* Have proficiency with some of our technical stack or can make a very strong case you can pick it up quickly
The Interview Process: You'll talk to a team member, then our CTO, then do some remote coding (submit existing, triage an open source issue, or we'll supply something) to chat code, then come on-site and pair, meet the team, and meet a founder.
Company Site: https://www.academicworks.com/
Even more details: https://gist.github.com/jpcody/f1187d6d0828d6620633f8f6a3b3d...