BabyList is making it easier for new parents to prepare for one of the biggest events in their lives. We have an extremely engaged user-base, we’re growing quickly and making real money. Our core product is a universal baby registry, and we are developing our own e-commerce platform and content site. Our HQ is in the Old Oakland neighborhood, 3 blocks from the 12th Street BART. We're a smart and diverse team of 15. Our users actually notice and love what we do (read our AppStore reviews for proof).
Front-end Software Engineer:
Our front-end is driven by React/Redux, Sass, Bootstrap, and we recently released a new section of our iOS app powered by React Native. You would join an excellent product team of 4 software engineers and 2 designers.
- You've coded a lot, you're hands on, and passionate about building world class applications.
- Experience with OOCSS methodologies and an almost unhealthy obsession with keeping CSS (Sass) clean and scalable.
- Experience with modern front-end build tools (Babel, Browserify, Webpack, Gulp, etc).
- User-obsessed. Once you get to know our users, you deeply empathize and genuinely like them. You could get on the phone with a user (or their grandmother) if they were having an issue.
- You’re opinionated and care intensely about the little details that make a great user experience.
Senior Fullstack Engineer:
Our server-side code is powered by Ruby on Rails, MySQL and Redis.
- Expert-level fluency in at least one of Ruby, Java, Python, or another modern server-side object-oriented programming language.
- Bachelors in CS, or equivalent experience.
- Experience designing and implementing scalable web services.
- Deep knowledge of testing best practices and continuous deployment.
I'd love to tell you more over the phone or in person. Contact me at august[at]babyli.st or see our jobs page for other open positions - https://babyli.st/jobs