Shuttlerock is a world-leading visual marketing platform that allows companies to collect, curate and re-purpose content from a variety of sources. We have a global team, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Christchurch, Auckland and Sydney.
We are looking for an experienced Android developer in our Tokyo office who want to work on interesting problems, and help us take our existing mobile app to the next level.
You will be working on our Android application in our Shinjuku office. We're looking for people passionate about UI/UX interaction and performance, who thrive on working with a fast-moving team that's changing the way large companies think about content marketing. In this role, you will have the opportunity to help shape and execute our mobile strategy, while working with a group of talented developers. You’ll work alongside our product and design teams to implement highly interactive and branded interfaces.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Must be fluent in either English or Japanese.
- Deep knowledge of Android app development.
- A track record of shipping mobile software.
- Experience working with third-party APIs.
- Understanding of multithreaded application development.
- Experience writing maintainable, testable code.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Excited to work closely with an extremely talented, distributed team.
Bonus points if you:
- Are multilingual.
- Have GitHub / Dribbble / other portfolios demonstrating your work.
- Have an interest in functional programming and testing.
- Have experience with DevOps, automated deployment, AWS, edge caching etc.
Location: Nishi-Shinjuku, Tokyo
Salary: 4.5 ~ 8.5 million yen, depending on experience.
Visa status: Unfortunately due to the urgency of this placement, a valid engineering visa for Japan is required, and the applicant must be already located in Japan. We are open to sponsoring visa renewals in the future for successful applicants.