- REDIS @ https://github.com/antirez/redis
- Postgresql @ http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=tree;f=src;hb=HEAD
- Spring Framework @ https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-framework
- Guava @ https://github.com/google/guava
- ui-grid @ https://github.com/angular-ui/ui-grid
For high quality JS, I would look to some of the major frameworks out there:
There is a lot one can learn about software design by reading the source code of major libraries, and is far more reliable than any third party library in the ecosystem.
To me the Spring Framework represents everything wrong with the Java way of doing things.