        From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
        Newsgroups: fa.linux.kernel
        Subject: Re: [git pull][resend] Input updates for 2.6.22-rc7
        Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 01:11:27 UTC

        On Fri, 6 Jul 2007, Jesper Juhl wrote:

        > > I'm constantly surprised by just how _many_ ways MUA's find to screw up.
        >
        > 'pine' actually seems to work pretty damn well once you disable the
        > flowed-text "feature".

        Yes. And 'alpine', it's modern version, does even better, but you also
        need to make sure to disable "downgrade-multipart-to-text".

        I've been using alpine for a while now, and it's nice to see it be utf-8
        capable and able to handle other charsets well.

        So as a former pine user, I can recommend upgrading.

                        Linus