Help us build SimCity for real! We help urban planners answer questions like "where should we put housing and jobs for the next 1.5 million people in California?", "what are the carbon impacts of adopting this transit policy?" and "what will the average commute time be in the year 2040?".
To answer these questions faster and in more detail we're hiring software engineers to build the next generation of UrbanFootprint, the world's most sophisticated urban planning and data analysis platform.
Our specific hiring needs at the moment include:
* Senior front end engineer to help direct a greenfield single page app project
* Mid-level to senior back end or full stack engineer to build the backend storage, query, and analysis components of the app
Our stack is rapidly evolving but you'll be sure to run into at least:
* Greenfield projects using ReactJS + Mapbox GL
* Data analyis using tools like Apache Spark
* Python + Postgres/PostGIS
We have real clients, are well funded, offer competitive compensation, a fantastic location in Berkeley, CA, stock options, and a chance to be part of something in its early stages.
What we do: http://calthorpeanalytics.com/
Open positions: http://calthorpeanalytics.com/hiring.html
Interested? Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.