High-sensitivity recordings of various types of insect
pests released for the 5th International working conference
on stored product protection, 1990.
This is the full and unedited version of the recording.
INRA. Insect noise in stored foodstuffs.
"Ces vibrations caracteristiques, plus proches de la
musique que du bruit, trahissent la presence de tous ces
convives invisibles qui ne peuvent se tenir silencieux.
A.J. Andrieu et F. Fleurat-Lessard."
01. Detecting pests in stored foodstuffs and wood.
02. Rice weevil larvae in rice.
03. Angoumois grain moth larvae in maize.
04. Grain weevil larvae in barley.
05. Communication signals of termites in wood.
I love how incredibly broad and infinitely "specializable" our economy is. Scale enables such wonderful focus.
That reminds me of a story about chocolate manufacture that I'd just as soon forget.
Aquarius Records is awesome.