Full-time, relocation to Amsterdam, (H1B or its dutch equivalent anyway) is taken care of by the company.
I work at Booking.com, which is a world leader in travel accommodations, as a backend developer. I have only positive things to say about working here. The people are intelligent and helpful, a lot of interesting problems to solve and the work hours are unbelievably sane. The company is strongly data driven and very dynamic, which was one of its biggest charms for me. Amsterdam is not a bad place to be either :) The Dutch government also gives a huge tax break through the 30% ruling to non-dutch people.
The work environment is very international and everybody speaks fluent English. The relocation process is also very finely tuned.They take care of you from the moment you get an offer to the point you have set up your house in Amsterdam. Several people have reached out to me from these threads and have been flown to Amsterdam for interviews. Around 10 people have been given offers and more are in the middle of the interview process.
If you have any other questions about the company or the hiring process or you would like me to refer you, please feel free to send me an email at siddharthsarda01 at gmail.com (Email also in my profile at Hacker news).
To have an idea of the kind of problems being solved here, you can also look at our dev blog: http://blog.booking.com/
We are hiring for our headquarters office in Amsterdam:
- Frontend developers - http://grnh.se/cxmso8
- Backend developers - http://grnh.se/g5n6oe
- Product Owners in various departments - http://grnh.se/edvq2n
- Data analysts - http://grnh.se/al15kt
- Data Scientist(Machine Learning) - http://grnh.se/5uxtdv
- Senior Data scientists - http://grnh.se/n4o02e
- iOS Developers - http://grnh.se/w1mi0y
- Android Developers - http://grnh.se/1bnljt
For all available positions take a look here: http://grnh.se/3ryvfg